What’s Unique To Do Around Half Moon Bay?
Visiting any area for a wedding weekend or just coming for a day there are the obvious things to do; local restaurants, special shopping areas, historic areas, art galleries etc. But, the Coastside has unique activities the uninitiated might not know to consider.
- Rent a bike at the Bike Works and bike the Coastal Trail for miles from south of Half Moon Bay through Pillar Point Marina . [Bike Works @ 520 Kelly Ave., HMB.
- Join a whale watching excursion or rent a kayak to paddle around the harbor and surf the waves at Seal Rock.
- Take a tour of Harley Farms Goat Dairy www.harleyfarms.com, the only functioning Dairy in San Mateo County and buy some of their great goat cheese and other natural products produced onsite.
- Hike, hike, hike: Purisima Creek (redwoods and a creek) and Burleigh Murray Ranch State Park (historic dairy barn) are just a sample of scores of hiking opportunities.
- Ride a horse on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean and even on to the beach. Sea Horse Ranch.
- Take a Coastside Ecotourism tour.
These are just some ideas, you can find a complete list of activities and things to do at the Half Moon Bay Coastside Chamber of Commerce website.
Authored by Terry Plank