Six Ideas For Planning An Affordable Low Budget Wedding
In this economy, there are many reasons for considering a more affordable, low budget wedding, everything from one of you being out of work to trying to save up to purchase a home.
In the next few blog posts, I’ll suggest some ways to adjust costs in order to have a less expensive wedding.
Let’s start with finding a low budget location. One way to make a wedding more affordable is to save on location so you can spend more on your photography and other elements you value.
Start with a Google and Bing search for the following keyword phrases (add you specific city, county, or state…search for “location” and then same phrase with “venue”):
- (city, county, or state) affordable wedding location (venue)
- (city, county, or state) inexpensive wedding location (venue)
- (city, county, or state) cheap wedding location (venue)
- (city, county, or state) low cost wedding location (venue)
- (city, county, or state) low budget wedding location (venue)
Next consider locations that are not formal wedding venues, but might be good options for your wedding ceremony location.
- Public spaces like beaches.
- National and local parks.
- State beaches
- Performing arts centers or theaters.
- Your college or University.
- Bed and breakfast.
- Home or private garden.
- Community center buildings.
In addition to these, even more expensive locations can be affordable. It’s worth researching the following and then comparing your options:
- Special discounts for booking reservations early.
- An off-season date such as fall, winter, or early spring.
- Morning wedding.
Three other suggestions may help you find that special location you can also manage financially.
- Consider having your reception at a different location, i.e., a restaurant.
- Instead of a reception immediately following the wedding, have a party later that is in a less expensive location.
- Consider an all-inclusive package. Our Weddings By The Sea Destination Package is an example of an inexpensive approach to a simple wedding ceremony.
I’ll look at these last three ideas in a later post in this series on affordable low budget weddings.
Authored by Terry Plank
Trackback from your site.